February 3, 2007

AMY STEWART'S GOT CHICKENS, I"VE GOT JOJO

JOJO, a true miniature black & silver Schnauzer is " the dog with a human brain . " Here she is monitoring the many dogs and their humans that pass her front garden everyday.

Garden Quote : A morning glory at my window satisfies me more than the metaphysics of books. -Walt Whitman

Discovered Garden writer Amy Stewart's blog today at DIRT by AmyStewart. She is a real hoot! Talented and hilarious and what a gardener ! Check out her wonderful blog.

I gotta ask her though, keeping chickens as pets ? You must live in the country. I mean Elvis' mom did that when they moved to Memphis and the neighbors called the law on them. I love chickens ( sorry, Amy, usually Southern fried ) but I never got attached because I knew they were going to be my dinner.

Jojo is a wonderful dog with only one fault : she was born with a woofer in her mouth. I swear she started barking at strangers when she was 3 months old and people would point at her and laugh because she was so tiny.

I can't have people laughing at my dog. Next time I think I'll get the bigger variety.

1 comment:

  1. That JoJo is soooo cute. I used to have two Schnauzers and they thought they were human, too.

    Jojo will make a good gardening companion because Schnauzers are rat terriers and they'll keep the mice away.

    Enjoy your writing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...