August 21, 2008

THE FOURTH AND FINAL CONTENTER FOR THE CROWN


Rhododendron Yeodense ' poukhanese '


There's room for one more shrub and it must be evergreen so I selected the Korean Azalea which does so well in our cold Chicago winters .




I guess I'm still in shock because as you can see this is the finished installation. I keep telling myself that I must be patient because it will take some time for everything to fill in and mature. Left to right : Carol Mackie Daphne, Korean Spice Viburnum, Limelight Hydrangea and Korean Azalea.

Just like the Chicago Cubs I say " Wait until next year ! "

2 comments:

  1. I am SOOOOO jealous of your 'Carol Mackie' Daphne! I had one a couple of years ago and it only lasted in my garden for a little over a year. I loved it and maybe will try it again, although I know it's pretty picky about things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your 'Carol Mackie' not making it. I've heard pros and cons about it's hardiness but saw one in a client's garden that blew me away.

    It doesn't like acidic soil so I was careful to measure the ph to make sure it would be happy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...