November 10, 2008

PROOF POSITIVE THAT KNOCKOUT IS THE BEST


Rosa ' knockout '


We've had some pretty cold weather and a lot of plants have succumbed to it. The exception, however, is the Knockout Rose Shrub, pictured above. This is how it looks as of November 10 . Unbelievable.

For those not yet convinced, this is proof positive that Knockout is a real trooper in the garden. I always try to include it in any sunny location that my client may have.

I am not surprised to see them still in bloom around the Chicago area. If you don't have this rose shrub in your garden I encourage you to put it on your list.

8 comments:

  1. I will concur with your thinking! If it is still blooming in Chicago...it will certainly be happy in Nashville!

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Down here in North Carolina, my KO roses are still going strong...along with my Encore Azaleas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that they are the best bloomers in my garden. We've had a couple of nights below freezing and they still keep going strong. We'll have to have a competition over who's bloom the longest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Carolyn, quite impressive! I planted several of the cherry-pink colored knockouts for clients this year. They were very pleased with them, especially the client that initially wanted 'Nearly Wild.' Hers were still blooming when I was there last week, while the nearly wilds she had admired in her neighborhood were done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more with you about these roses. They do extremely well here in the deep south with our high summer temps and high humidity. They just keep blooming and blooming.

    Jan
    Always Growing

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true! I'm very happy with my red KO that I posted about today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carolyn, What a beautiful rose!! Does it need "breathing" room? I don't have a very good space for a specimen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got that right! I bought one one clearance for $1 a couple of weeks ago and it put some buds out. It's trying to bloom even though our temps haven't been any warmer than 40 for the last few days. I've never seen anything quite like it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...