July 3, 2009

ITS THAT COLD DAY IN JULY

July 1 was one for the record books here in Chicago - the coldest opening in 79 years . It barely made it to the upper 60's here by Lake Michigan.

The old saw "never say never " is one that I take seriously every since my friend said she loved this new singer with a spanish accent and thought he was going to be very popular. "That'll never happen " says I. A singer with a spanish accent in America ? Nah. " Julio Igelias swept the country with his beautiful vocals. Of course it didn't hurt that he was very easy on the eyes as well.

I used to say it all the time : " That'll be a COLD day in July. " Gotta stop that now because it arrived.

Here are the Dixie Chicks singing their popular song , A Cold Day in July .



3 comments:

  1. Can't get the song out of my head, Carolyn (also on my Ipod)! Blustery and whitecaps here at the lake today but sunny & 78 tomorrow ... yea! Wishing you a warm and sunny 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song to have in your head, Joey :-) Wish you the best on the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been chillyish here as well, which is fine by me. The rain has been great for the garden, and we've barely had to water.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...