March 2, 2010

RATED R : WINNIE THE POOH

Winnie the Pooh wasn't popular when my kids were young so I wasn't that familiar with the story . Once Disney purchased the rights and made cartoons and movies of it sales jumped to over a billion a year . It is one of the most popular and beloved cartoons for young children today.

My 15-month-old granddaughter Lea will stop whatever she's doing to watch Pooh and friends and nothing short of an earthquake can divert her attention.

As her grandmother I carefully watch what she takes in and most of the Pooh stuff is fine, with the exception of one character : Rabbit. Rabbit is the gardener and his life revolves around the vegetable garden. What's wrong with that picture? Somewhat like putting a fox in charge of the hen house.

Now I know that kids need to have their Easter Bunny, Santa and the Tooth Fairy but I have a bit of a problem with a rabbit as a gardener.

I'm trying to raise the next generation of gardeners here and someday I'll have to spill the beans to Lea on Pooh's friend rabbit.

In the following cartoon Rabbit the Gardener calls the crow the biggest enemy of the garden. Good one ! Both are now on my garden enemies most wanted list.


Written by Carolyngail at Sweet Home and Garden Chicago
All rights reserved

3 comments:

  1. Maybe Rabbit the Gardener and crow are a bit of sarcasm for us adults that watch the cartoons with our children and grandchildren? Who said that cartoons are only for the kids..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caws and Effect. Very cute. Wise of you to teach your granddaughter at a young age that the rabbit is no friend of the garden.

    donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote the squirrel above crow. Crows kill baby squirrel. Squirrel eat my maters.....when the avian bird flu killed all the crows a few years ago I had to dispose of(wink wink)38 squirrel from my garden that year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...