June 25, 2007

GARDEN BLOGGERS' MUSE DAY

My Garden Muse


Gardeners are spiritual beings and love to read inspirational poems, stories and quotations about their passion. " We come from the earth, we return to the earth, and in between we garden.... " was written by an anonymous gardener.

Or as fellow Alabamian, Booker T. Washington wrote : " No race can prosper until it learns that there is as much dignity in tilling a field as in writing a poem. "

I am inspired by Carol of May Dreams Garden who created the 15th of each month as Garden Bloggers Bloom Day. My idea is to declare the first of each month as Garden Bloggers Muse Day. Beginning July 1 , I invite each garden blogger to post their favorite poems related to gardening, witty or pithy garden quotes, or their own prose on what gardening means to them. After posting inform me and I will make a list of all the participants. There are no strict rules, the intention is to have a day when we can enjoy beautiful garden poetry, prose and witticisms.

Garden Voices has generously agreed to help get the word out by including this post in their daily blog and I thank them.

I also want to thank Carol of May Dreams garden for being a good neighbor and lending her support as well.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carolyn - that is such a great idea. I am not a poet and I'm sure nobody wants to see more "roses are red..." But I look forward to reading them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And violets are blue ! You are too funny, Gina. You can put up any poem you find in a book as long as you give credit to the poet.

    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny - I was just over at Annie's where she mentioned muse day - and I just posted a poem on my site today - Ode to a Tomato. Purely coincidental! I doubt that I'll be able to do it monthly - but I think it's a great idea and I can't wait to see what folks post!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...