Gina at Myskinnygarden has tagged me for 8 things you didn't know about me meme. When tagged, you must list the person who tagged you, post the rules and list 8 people at the end of the post.
1. I started smokin' and drinkin' at a very young age. Daddy was a bootlegger and left a bottle of his best White Lightning on the table when I was six. When he came in to retrieve it he was surprised to see a tipsy six year old with a big grin whoopin' and hollerin '. The smokes I got from my brother who brought back a ton of cigarettes from the PX in Korea. I thought you were supposed to smoke one after the other until the entire pack was gone, which I did. My skin turned green . If Daddy had looked up from the field where he was plowing at the outhouse he would've seen a stream of smoke coming out the top !
2. I was the most mischievous of the three girls in our family. Maybe being the middle child had something to do with it ? When it was my turn to do the dishes I would always run away and hide, driving my older sister Wilma insane looking for me. I was also pretty nasty to my younger sis Linda who was afraid to make a trip to the outhouse at night ( snakes and such ) . Yep, I'm afraid she had to do my chores for a week for one nightly visit.
3. In my younger days I was shopping on Michigan Avenue, the Magnificent Mile in downtown Chicago, on my lunch hour, just looking in the window of one of the jewelry shops when I heard a male voice say " Hello, beautiful ! " I looked around and recognized a major Chicago broadcaster flirting with me. The nerve ! He was married, but then, so was I. Oh, well, he made my day !
4. Famous people I've met : Lisa Minelli, Barry Manilow ( yes, Gina, eat your heart out - I met him at the Four Season Hotel in Chicago ! ) , Henry Kissinger, Jackie Gleason, Robert Conrad, and at the airport in London, Robert Vaughn, who graciously autographed my passport !
5. Two of my former bosses became the foreign ministers of their country. I'm so proud of them ! They still send me Christmas cards and invite me to dinner when they come to Chicago.
6. What people call me behind my back : Steel Magnolia . I'm proud of it because I was SO shy when I came to Chicago that I couldn't look anyone in the eye. But fortitude, yes, I admit to having it and I surprise myself sometimes.
7. What I regret most about my life -losing my Mother at such an early age and not knowing what it's like to have that. I SO envy people who have a loving relationship with their Mom.
8. LAST, but not least, I want to be like my dear old Grandpappy who lived to be 102. They used to ask him his secret and he'd say : Drink a hot toddy every day, look at a pretty woman
( or in my case Matthew McConaughey ) and keep on walkin. '
I'm tagging : Ki @ Mucknmire,
Ms. Mary @ Pokeberrygarden