June 10, 2009

APRIL IN JUNE

May is usually a very capricious month in Chicago and I was a little nervous that Chicago Spring Fling was being held at a time when our gardens were really just starting the season. But we got really lucky and the rain held off until the end of our program.



Above is a photo of what my garden looked like at the end of May. It's a newly planted garden this year and you can see a lot of bare soil , spaces I've left so that the plants can fill out.



The above photo was taken yesterday and you can see how quickly everything has grown.



It looks amazingly lush for a newbie !

I wonder if I jinxed Spring by adding that rain chain? This weather is beginning to remind me of Ireland and the forty shades of green they have.

I am so ready for some sunshine.



2 comments:

  1. I hope you get some sunshine, though 40 shades of green sounds pretty, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is looking marvelous Ma!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...