December 20, 2010

SWEET GARDEN CHICAGO -YEAR IN REVIEW

 Following TIME magazine's lead here's my Year in Review.  2010 saw a lot of firsts at Sweet Garden Chicago .


                                       First blooms on the Fritallarias



The first bud on my $500 Wisteria Standard
First Bloom on my Knockout Rose Shrub

First blooms on my Korean Spice Viburnum


First Bloom on my new Spider Daylily

                                     Planted first "spoon-tipped " mums


First family of robins


First time to have a lawnless garden -myrtle replaced last of the grass

Became a contributing member of the Garden Designers Roundtable


Contributed small piece to Horitculture's Dec./Jan double issue

Started my first kitchen garden

Visited the great State of North Carolina and met-up with garden bloggers Helen Yoest at Gardening with Confidence, ( left)  Freda Cameron, Defining your Home and Garden ( Center )   and Anna  of Flowergardengirl ( Lower center )

That's Anna Flowergardengirl and a look at her gorgeous front porch where we sat chatting away over some sweet tea.
Added some N.C. originals to my collection



Visited beautiful Blowing Rock, N.C. in the Blueridge Mountain area with Flowergardengirl

 


Lost my little gardening buddy to beautiful North Carolina where she is in training to become a proper Southern Belle.  Wonder if she'll have a southern accent like Mawmaw? 



3 comments:

  1. Your images are so beautiful. I love the robins, so photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, you have had a great year! I have very little grass but I am going to try some small conifers in the back garden this year. I am also going to look for that spider daylily, saw it at a daylily show and didn't buy it. Happy holidays, hope you get to see Sweet Pea!

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got 'Matchsticks'! One of my favorites! I lost two of the three I had last year, but the remaining one did well. Not sure what happened to the other two.

    You had a wonderful year, Carolyn! Here's to an even better 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...