December 8, 2010

Cold Day Hot Soup and Fresh Baked Bread

Nothing like hot soup on a cold winter day so I put on the pot and made enough gumbo to feed the entire block.   Then I remembered this yummy bread I made last year and it only took an hour from start to finish.

Let me tell you - this recipe makes two 10 " rounds that is suppose to serve   12.   Actually 6 people ate it all and declared it delicious.  I used fresh rosemary from my potted plant and it smelled so good cooking.



Here's the recipe :




Written by Carolyngail at Sweet Home and Garden Chicago All rights reserved

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carolyn,
    I love to make and eat soup, too. My husband is not a big fan unless they are quite thick. I haven't made bread for a long time, but one of these days soon, hope to get to it. Yours looks awesome! I should try that recipe, since I have some rosemary in pots, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I think I will have to try this. Stay warm. ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bread looks great. I am a fan of rosemary in just about everything.

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm. . . I can smell your bread from here Carolyn! I have been going nuts cooking with rosemary since I brought the plants in for the winter. Such a wonderful, delicious herb. I love to touch it every time I walk by, and enjoy the scent on my hands.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...